GCI sheets, design machines distributed among OBC beneficiaries

0
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

HT Correspondent

SILCHAR, Sept 20: A ceremonial distribution program was held at the Ambedkar Bhawan auditorium hall at NC Lashkar Sarani for distribution of 365 numbers of GCI sheets and 17 numbers of fashion design machines to OBC people for the year 2018-19 at Cachar on Saturday. The meeting was presided over by Cachar deputy commissioner Keerthi Jalli.

Speaking on the occasion, Minister of Forest & Environment, Excise and Fishery departments, Parimal Suklabaidya said that during the period of erstwhile government, lot of malpractices took place during distribution of Indira Awas Yojana, however, during present government under the leadership of chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal, people have witnessed lot of changes in the country and in the state.

“People are not being discriminated against during the tenure of the present governments at the Centre and at the State,” he maintained. He added that during the COVID situation, 10kg of rice per head was distributed amongst 85% of poor people and a sum of INR1000 provided to the remaining 15%.

Speaking about the Health and Family Welfare department, Suklabaidya pointed out that to provide treatment to COVID patients in SMC&H, a 40-bedded ICU and a 60-bedded COVID Ward are being constructed, the initiatives of which were taken by the present government. Citing the example of Assistant Commissioner, Cachar, Maria Tanim, the Minister said that being a lady from a minority community, Tanim stood first in ACS examination in 2019, which is indeed a great feat and should be an example to the minority community. The Minister also spoke about the Arunodoi scheme and cautioned that no beneficiary should fall in the trap of middlemen. However, he urged everyone to maintain transparency and accountability and also made an impassioned plea to everyone to maintain COVID protocols strictly during the pandemic situation.

Meanwhile, in her address, Deputy Commissioner, Cachar Jalli also requested everyone to strictly adhere to COVID guidelines and urged everyone to wear masks, avoid mass gathering and maintain social distancing during the pandemic situation. District Level Selection Committee for OBC,  Ramangshu Shekhar Nath and LAC Level Selection Committee for SC, Subodh Das and Pulin Bihari Das also delivered their speeches on the occasion.

Later, GI sheets, sewing machines and design machines were ceremonially handed over to the beneficiaries by the Minister of Excise, Fishery and Forest & Environment, Parimal Suklabaidya and Deputy Commissioner, Cachar Keerthi Jalli.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Share.

Leave A Reply