Kokrajhar, Aug 5: BTC chief Hagrama Mohilary has emphasised on National Investigation Agency (NIA) to probe into Balajan massacre which took place last year in Kokrajhar that claimed 14 lives and sustained 18 injured.
The district administration, Kokrajhar organized a mass prayer programme in the memory of those people who were killed in the incident.
The programme was started at 9 am with floral tribute by BTC chief, Hagrama Mohilary and paying of homage followed by Kokrajhar DC, Bibekananda Choudhury; SP, Rajen Singh and family members of the victims on the occasion.
Fourteen people killed and 18 sustained severe injuries in the indiscriminate fire by armed militants that created chaos in the district last year. Different religious troupes including Bathow, Satsanga, Christian, Islam participated to offer prayer to the departed souls on the occasion.
Mohilary said that the investigation into Balajan massacre should be resumed to punish the culprits. He spoke about the involvement of NDFB(S) with the massacre that claimed fourteen lives and left 18 injured. He said that the Balajan incident’s penetrated cadre of NDFB-S was killed in the massacre in the cross firing on that day. He said that government has been working for the welfare of the citizens.
He said that victims and injured persons were given away compensation from government. He has urged all sections of communities to maintain peace and integrity in the state.
Bibekanada Choudhury, DC Kokrajhar said that district administration organized the mass prayer programme to pay floral tribute for departed soul and recovery of injury persons. He said that Balajan massacre was a condemnable situation that claimed many people besides leaving eighteen injuries.
Rajen Singh, SP Kokrajhar said that on Saturday, district administration organized mass prayer in memory of victim persons, who were brutally killed by militants.
Victims’ family members said that they face several hardships in their life as they lost their dear ones in the massacre that was penetrated by militants on August 5 last year. They received compensations from state government, but yet to receive government jobs, which was assured by the government, said a victim family member on the occasion.