Polish filmmaker Krzystof Zanussi to attend 3rd edition of Guwahati International Film Fest

0
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

100 films from 64 countries to be screened, 8 envoys to take part

By: Nilomani Bora

GUWAHATI, Oct 1: Renowned Polish filmmaker Krzystof Zanussi will be the chief guest of the third edition of Guwahati International Film Festival (GIFF) which will begin here on October 31.

The festival organised by Assam government-owned Jyoti Chitraban in association with Dr Bhupen Hazarika Regional Govt Film and Television Institute (DBHRGRTI) will end on November 6.

“Zanussi’s participation is itself a great moment for Guwahati International Film Festival. It will be a lifetime experience for the film makers and film lovers to interact with the legend. I am looking forward for it,” minister of state for cultural affairs Naba Kumar Doley said addressing a press conference here Monday.

Along with roman Polaankski, Krzystof keislowski and Jerzy Skolimowski Zanussi  is one of the most important Polish auteur of his generation. Krzystof’s erudite dramas chronicle the challenges of post-war educated class in Polanf grappling with the country’s radical change to communism, burden of their fore-bearers, and the evolving development of society through the 20th century.

The 80-year old Krzystof is also a professor of Silesian University in Katowice, Poland.

Apart from Krzystof, eight ambassadors from Latin American countries which is the ‘Region of Focus’ are also likely to take part in the festival, Doley said.

More than 100 films from 65 countries will be screened in the festival, Doley said.

“This time countries of focus will be Iran. The region of focus will be Latin America and Caribbean countries. Our motto is Bashudhoiboh Kutumbokom (world is a family),” he said.

“We have also opened the registration of delegates both the online and offline. The film lovers can log in our website and get the registration done,” Jyoti Chitraban chairman Pabitra Margherita said.

“Last year more than 6,000 people registered for the festival and this year we are expecting more,” Margherita said.

“The competition section has been extended to national level instead of state level in the past two years,” he said.

“Earlier, we used to have only Northeast films in the competition segment. Now we are going big with the participation of films from across the country. We have got good number of entries and some of the best in the recent times,” he said.

The preparation has reached the final stage. After the successful two years, the level of expectation of the people has gone higher. We have to work harder to work harder to meet the expectation,” festival director Monita Borgohain said.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Share.

Leave A Reply